Video conferencing has become a major tool for communication and collaboration, helping companies save time and money. Technology has made it possible to conduct job interviews and interact with co-workers via camera, without leaving the comfort of your home or office – and it seems like the trend is here to stay. Kris Rangarajan, Director of Public Relations for video-conferencing systems manufacturer Aver Information, recommends businesses quickly master the art of video communication.
Here are her five top-tips on how to master the art of video conferencing:
It is important that you get to know your device. Learn the audio and video settings, as well as the service you will be using to connect – which may require a download and software installation. Take the time to make sure you are ready and able to connect.
Check if the position of your camera, microphone and seating is good; readjust if needed. It is best to preview your own image and sound.
This is especially important if you work from home. Remember that you are about to attend a meeting, albeit via video. Make the effort to smarten up your appearance and surroundings.
Keep your eyes on the screen and do not get distracted. Your attention should be solely on the speaker; forgetting you are on camera will only bring trouble, so stay focused.
5. Mute and Disconnect
Always remember to disconnect properly after a conference. If you are in a noisy area and are not speaking, use the mute feature. That way you will avoid annoying or embarrassing others.
Don’t be camera shy. Follow these simple tips to make sure your next video conference runs smoothly.
Edited and produced by Stephen Moore – Marketing Director
Stephen Moore is the Global Marketing Director for Search office Space Group which meetingrooms.com is the newest addition. An active blogger and article writer, Steve has also appeared as a guest on BBC Radio 2 Drivetime, Sky News and France 24 amongst others, talking about business, commercial property and marketing.
- Servcorp Partners With MeetingRooms.com To Launch Online Booking Tool For Virgin Australia’s Velocity Members - 27th August 2015
- Park Plaza Westminster Partners With MeetingRooms.com To Sell Small Meetings Online - 30th July 2015
- MeetingRooms.com CEO Speaks at Hubcreate Launch Event - 4th June 2015
- MeetingRooms.com Launches Booking Tool For Personal and Executive Assistants in Partnership with Award-Winning Title, PA Life - 1st June 2015
- Science proves meetings are excellent for business - 11th May 2015
- Our 1000th meeting room venue is…London’s CCT Venues! - 5th May 2015
- Meetingrooms.com CEO Speaks at the The FMP Event - 30th April 2015
- MeetingRooms.com CEO appointed to the HBAA Technology committee - 29th April 2015
- London’s Untold Stories - 28th April 2015
- Meetingrooms.com at the EXECSec Summit - 27th April 2015