You’re not just a software engineer, you’re someone who wants to make a difference. You like to innovate and make life easier for others. You want to be part of a mission that is bigger than yourself. If these are true for you, please keep reading for a great opportunity to join our UK team. We are developing innovative technology that is disrupting an industry and making a difference in how people work and succeed in the new economy.
Join our team as Senior Software Engineer and help people succeed in the new economy
We help people strengthen relationships through face to face communication.
At meetingrooms.com, our mission is to help people succeed in the new economy. We help business people embrace new, flexible ways of working that improves their quality of life while continuing to satisfy traditional business principles. Our customers gain instant privacy and a professional image, on-demand by booking from a selection of choice meeting rooms operated by our venue partners around the globe.
The innovative service works by matching venue partner vacant meeting rooms with customer demand in real-time. As meeting rooms often sit empty, venue partners benefit by exposing their inventory to a wider customer base than they could on their own through our global sales platform.
Over the past 20 years, our reputation for customer service, impartiality and cost-effective solutions has helped our Search Office Space business to grow internationally with a venue network of nearly 10,000 buildings in 100+ countries, enabling us to assist some of the world’s biggest companies. We work tirelessly to support our global customers no matter which market they are in.
Now we’ve launched our own startup (www.meetingrooms.com) to help people succeed in the new economy. Being at the forefront of the workspace-as-a-service industry, we are now using our extensive knowledge to help people work more flexibly in the changing world of business, and a large part of this is shared meeting room spaces.
Team Description & Purpose of Role
The development team is responsible for all customer-facing software development including the Front End Website, online Venue Dashboard, publicly facing APIs and integrations with B2B Business Partners. The team is currently expanding and this role is a new hire to join the team at an exciting time with an exciting product roadmap over the next year and beyond.
- Systems Analysis, Design and Development
- Design and Development of WCF-based web services
- Work on a new MVC-based web platform
- Develop and maintain existing ASP.NET sites and C# applications
- Work across all development tiers
- Experience Required
This role expects a minimum of five years’ experience in each of the following skills:
- C# development
- Net web forms or MVC development (preferably MVC / Entity Framework)
- WCF web service design and development in a SOAP or RESTful environment
- Agile ways of working (Scrum)
- MySql and or SQL Server
- Solid understanding of SOA principles
- A strong knowledge of SOLID and Object Orientated principles
- Experience of working with Legacy Systems
- Front-end CSS3, HTML5 and jQuery
- Desired Experience
The following experience would be a great advantage to any potential candidate:
- Experience with Angular and other client side technologies
- Mobile Development Experience, Windows Phone 8, iOS software development, Android software development
- Worked with team members in remote location
- AWS – EC2 Cloud based hosting
- Working using online productivity/project management tools such as Basecamp and JIRA
- Working with Designers
- Working with CMS Systems (Umbraco / WordPress)
- Working on high volume transactional e-commerce systems
- Person Specification
We are looking for a developer with at least five years’ experience as who is looking to expand their career direction. We need to have someone who is a team player, a good communicator, enjoys working with others and is keen to learn and broaden their skillset whilst working with the client.
The ideal candidate would have a passion for technology and innovation and a strong interest in software development that is continually looking to expand their knowledge of upcoming technologies.
This role would be ideally suited to a talented developer looking to work in a start-up environment alongside some fantastic talent in a fast-paced and rewarding agile development environment. Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate flexibility to adapt to changing business requirements in their current roles.
If you think you have what it takes to make a difference with us, please contact our CEO, Caleb Parker via LinkedIn, or email team <at> meetingrooms <dot> com.