‘Life is short..’
Crazy creatures that we are, we humans spend millions of hours in meetings per day. We hold 1.3 billion meetings in the UK alone per year. That’s billions and billions of hours. Sadly for many, those hours can feel like days – making life longer but not better. Holding meetings in unusual places can make time fly. Check out this recent post to our LinkedIn group page….
Hot air balloon? Hilarious and wonderful, at the same time. Guaranteed to make time fly!
This got me thinking; we should fill our hours, days and weeks of meetings with as many unusual places as possible. So. I decided to go on a little recce with Clare – meetingrooms.com Business Development Manager – to one or two of our more hot locations.
That’s right. Play Alice for the day. Few workplaces are as atmospheric as this. All these bursts of colour and quirky furniture can make any meeting memorable.
2. Ocean Views
Conveniently located as part of the Ocean Village Holiday resort in Gibraltar, the Ocean Village Business centre has a pretty prime location. I’m sure the locals who have offices in the business centre itself have long become tired of the ocean views and persistent sunshine. However for that important meeting it might just be the ticket to a signed dotted line!
The Emirates does put the E in elegance. It’s easy to see why their reputation precedes them for both sports & meeting space.
4. Monte Carlo helicopter flights
In sunny Monaco, land of the glamorous, you can book a meeting experience at one of Monte Carlo’s most prestigious hotels. Not only that, but the folks at one company will fly you there from the French Riviera. If you’re lucky, you might even sign the deal in the helicopter in time for drinks at the Casino on the other end.
Go on: make time fly and let us know: what’s the most unusual place you’ve ever attended a meeting in?
- Business Travel: Are you wasting time by checking luggage? - 18th August 2015
- MeetingRooms.com Welcomes Bruntwood’s UK Red Rooms Portfolio - 25th June 2015
- Meeting Rooms That Make Time Fly! - 2nd April 2015
- Clare’s Corner: History ‘Leeds’ us to New Business Opportunities - 27th March 2015
- 7 ways to have a spectacular breakfast in the dark this Friday! - 18th March 2015
- What brain foods make you more productive? - 14th January 2015
- 6 great apps for remote workers - 10th December 2014
- meetingrooms.com Appoints Matt Makan As Corporate Sales Manager - 5th December 2014
- meetingrooms.com Appoints David Quinlan as Chief Technology Officer - 5th December 2014
- meetingrooms.com appoints Lisa Rose as North American Account Manager - 2nd December 2014