Boca Raton, Florida – 29 October, 2014 / meetingrooms.com, the global marketplace to book professional meeting rooms, on-demand, is pleased to announce that Sherry Laurino has joined as Business Development Manager, North America. In this role Sherry will expand the company’s North American venue partner network and increase corporate bookings through channel development.
Sherry adds specific insight to the meetingrooms.com team, having worked with meeting room venues and clients through niche channels the last 12 years. Her experience includes managing conference and meeting room services at 5-star resorts, growing her own business and most recently in the legal industry where she specialized in working with court reporting, lawyers and mediation firms.
“We identified significant corporate channel demand and needed an entrepreneurial minded leader to help meetingrooms.com capitalize on existing opportunities,” said Caleb Parker, meetingrooms.com CEO, “Sherry will oversee our growth in the North American market which we expect to scale significantly over the next two years.”
meetingrooms.com launched in March of this year in private beta with venue partners in 30 countries. Now in public beta, meetingrooms.com has processed bookings in 18 markets across the UK, Ireland and North America. The company will officially launch to end users in a series of global markets in the coming months.
“This is such an exciting time in the meeting space industry,” said Sherry Laurino, “Demand is at an all-time high, and how we access and use meeting rooms is rapidly changing. We have a clear vision of how to meet this demand, and I’m very happy to be part of the team.”
meetingrooms.com is a global marketplace that allows customers to benefit from a global “one-stop-shop” and provides meeting room venues with an additional “pay on performance only” sales channel, to increase meeting room occupancy and revenue. The platform works by matching venue partner vacant meeting rooms with customer needs in real-time. As meeting rooms often sit empty, venue partners benefit by exposing their inventory to a wider customer base than they could on their own through the meetingrooms.com global platform. meetingrooms.com is powered by Search Office Space, which provides support by way of its infrastructure and a 20 year history of relationships with meeting room venues and customers alike. Both companies were founded by British entrepreneur, Richard Smith, who serves as President of meetingrooms.com and CEO of Search Office Space.
Bookable spaces consist of a variety of professionally appointed board rooms, conference rooms, interview and collaboration spaces, training and seminar rooms across a variety of venue categories such as: Executive Suites, Serviced Offices and Hotels.
Caleb Parker, CEO
UK: +44 (0)20 8909 5195
Americas: +1 (646) 650-2441
- Business Travel: Are you wasting time by checking luggage? - 18th August 2015
- MeetingRooms.com Welcomes Bruntwood’s UK Red Rooms Portfolio - 25th June 2015
- Meeting Rooms That Make Time Fly! - 2nd April 2015
- Clare’s Corner: History ‘Leeds’ us to New Business Opportunities - 27th March 2015
- 7 ways to have a spectacular breakfast in the dark this Friday! - 18th March 2015
- What brain foods make you more productive? - 14th January 2015
- 6 great apps for remote workers - 10th December 2014
- meetingrooms.com Appoints Matt Makan As Corporate Sales Manager - 5th December 2014
- meetingrooms.com Appoints David Quinlan as Chief Technology Officer - 5th December 2014
- meetingrooms.com appoints Lisa Rose as North American Account Manager - 2nd December 2014