Meetingrooms.com at the EIBTM conference in Barcelona
Our very own Caleb Parker and Clare de Brett headed to sunny Spain the week before last week to visit the EIBTM conference in Barcelona.
The three day event took place at Fira Gran Via and attracted more than 15,000 MICE and event(s) industry professionals together to network and discuss fresh insights and trends. EIBTM has been running for 26 years. Since its first event in Geneva, Switzerland it has been the leading exhibition for the meetings, incentives, conferences and events industry. In those 26 years the event has grown from 450 exhibitors to over 3000 global exhibitors networking with 15,000 industry professionals (attendees)
Caleb took some time to chat to Danielle Chapman from C&IT magazine about the trends they are seeing in the meetings industry. C&IT magazine have been reporting on tech innovations in the conference industry and were at the event to network with existing partners and meet new faces.
Meanwhile Clare went to speak to Oli representing one of our newest venue partners; The Barbican, over at the London and Partners stand.
Whilst there, Clare also met with the teams from Historic Royal Palaces, Chelsea FC and The Business Design Centre, also on the London & Partners Stand, we hope to see their venues on the meetingroom.com site in the near future.
The event had its most successful year with C&IT reporting an 8% increase on attendance during the exhibition. Among(st) the delegates were some of the largest hotel chains and conferenc(e) facility providers in the world.
Highlights for the event included the American Express Meetings & Events s(eminar), discussing future trends and technologies at the forefront of meetings and events management and planning.
A number of businesses, both new to the event and old reported a high level of interest in their stands at the event. Some reports have suggested that the event was the best in years in terms of number of appointments and diversity in interest.
“You really couldn’t miss the buzz on the show floor this year which I hope was a result of not only economic confidence but also from new initiatives such as the fact that this year exhibitors could top up their diaries with appointments they had requested with buyers – the first time we have trialed this,” commented Graeme Barnett, EIBTM Senior Exhibition Director.
From the closing of the show, the EIBTM is to be rebranded as ‘IBTM world – Where connections mean everything.’ IBTM world is set to join sister events under the IBTM umbrella across the globe along with AIME in Melbourne and ICOMEX in Mexico.
On that note, the newly titled IBTM world event will take place in Barcelona again from 17-19 November 2015.
Perhaps we’ll see you there!
- Business Travel: Are you wasting time by checking luggage? - 18th August 2015
- MeetingRooms.com Welcomes Bruntwood’s UK Red Rooms Portfolio - 25th June 2015
- Meeting Rooms That Make Time Fly! - 2nd April 2015
- Clare’s Corner: History ‘Leeds’ us to New Business Opportunities - 27th March 2015
- 7 ways to have a spectacular breakfast in the dark this Friday! - 18th March 2015
- What brain foods make you more productive? - 14th January 2015
- 6 great apps for remote workers - 10th December 2014
- meetingrooms.com Appoints Matt Makan As Corporate Sales Manager - 5th December 2014
- meetingrooms.com Appoints David Quinlan as Chief Technology Officer - 5th December 2014
- meetingrooms.com appoints Lisa Rose as North American Account Manager - 2nd December 2014