Selecting the perfect location for a meeting is no mean feat. There are a host of diverse considerations that you need to take into account to make sure you, your colleagues, and your clients all have the facilities and ambience needed for an awesome meeting.
Like any business decision, picking out the perfect meeting space requires the evaluation of a number of key points: who’s in attendance, where’s most convenient for all parties, budget, and facilities.
Making sure you’ve ticked all the boxes can be a headache, but it doesn’t have to be.
Here are a few important points to consider before selecting a place:
- Where is your market? Where is the most fundamentally ‘you’ place you could schedule a meeting? Depending on your brand image, you’d likely want to be associated with certain areas of cities that best represent you. Think Silicon Valley, Canary Wharf, or the Shanghai Central Business District. Businesses occupying space in locations like these come with an instant image boost. If it’s credibility you’re after, selecting a space in an area affluent in your market is key.
- Where are you and your team commuting from? A great geographical location ensures everyone can get in on time, with low costs, and minimum stress. Close to a public transport station? Congestion charges in the locality? Ample parking? All hugely important factors to consider.
- What extra requirements will your meeting demand? Ensuring the space has state-of-the-art presentation facilities might be vitally important to you, or perhaps you’d prefer a basic space with surfaces and good lighting (for the austerity briefing, perhaps). Many modern meeting rooms use videoconferencing technology to beam others into the space from afar – it’s incredibly impressive technology.
- Consider the size and shape of your desired room. Rooms are likely available in any shape you can imagine, but the layout staples are:
- Boardroom – a traditional roundtable discussion space
- Theatre – best for presentations and conferences
- Classroom – think back to your school days. The perfect space for training and educating
- Cabaret – an open plan space for collaboration and group tasks
- U-shape – an underrated space that encourages open discussion
- Are you close to amenities? If the meeting goes down a storm and you’re too far away from a pizza restaurant for a celebratory night out, we won’t be held responsible.
Edited and produced by Stephen Moore – Marketing Director
Stephen Moore is the Global Marketing Director for Search office Space Group which meetingrooms.com is the newest addition. An active blogger and article writer, Steve has also appeared as a guest on BBC Radio 2 Drivetime, Sky News and France 24 amongst others, talking about business, commercial property and marketing.
- Servcorp Partners With MeetingRooms.com To Launch Online Booking Tool For Virgin Australia’s Velocity Members - 27th August 2015
- Park Plaza Westminster Partners With MeetingRooms.com To Sell Small Meetings Online - 30th July 2015
- MeetingRooms.com CEO Speaks at Hubcreate Launch Event - 4th June 2015
- MeetingRooms.com Launches Booking Tool For Personal and Executive Assistants in Partnership with Award-Winning Title, PA Life - 1st June 2015
- Science proves meetings are excellent for business - 11th May 2015
- Our 1000th meeting room venue is…London’s CCT Venues! - 5th May 2015
- Meetingrooms.com CEO Speaks at the The FMP Event - 30th April 2015
- MeetingRooms.com CEO appointed to the HBAA Technology committee - 29th April 2015
- London’s Untold Stories - 28th April 2015
- Meetingrooms.com at the EXECSec Summit - 27th April 2015