Working from home can be frustrating for those who find it hard to designate one area to working and one to living. Many home-workers do so because the cost of renting a private office can seem daunting and unaffordable; a serviced office, however, could be the answer, as they offer a personal space to focus on business and work in peace, without breaking the bank.
One of the best things about serviced offices is the flexibility of their letting agreements. Renting periods range from just one month to a whole year, meaning you can simply leave if the office fails to suit your needs.
To run your business effectively, you need to invest in equipment, such as a printer, a scanner, and a computer desk. In a serviced office all equipment is provided, with the costs included in the rent. It’s also likely that you’ll be provided with phone and internet allowance, thus saving you money on installation fees and monthly communications contracts.
As your business grows, you may require additional staff to help with the running of things. If you can’t afford a full-time salary, serviced offices can provide in-house workers on a pay-as-you-use basis. Hiring an in-house receptionist to manage your schedule and take calls for you will be a lot cheaper than hiring a permanent employee.
With the advantages serviced offices offer, it is no wonder the number of businesses enjoying their benefits is on the rise. The serviced office industry marked growth of over 10% in Europe alone in 2013, BCA UK reports.
If you are starting a new venture and you are alarmed by the costs of renting your own office, then the serviced office might just prove to be the best option for you.
Edited and produced by Anna Duggal – Content Manager
I am the newest addition to the SOS Marketing team as a Content Manager. With an English degree and a love for writing and all things social, I like communicating them out in a slightly ‘out of the box’ way. Outside of work, I like weekends away exploring the UK, cute animal pictures and getting involved in as much philanthropy as I can possibly fit into my spare time! You can find me at Google+
- Business Travel: Are you wasting time by checking luggage? - 18th August 2015
- MeetingRooms.com Welcomes Bruntwood’s UK Red Rooms Portfolio - 25th June 2015
- Meeting Rooms That Make Time Fly! - 2nd April 2015
- Clare’s Corner: History ‘Leeds’ us to New Business Opportunities - 27th March 2015
- 7 ways to have a spectacular breakfast in the dark this Friday! - 18th March 2015
- What brain foods make you more productive? - 14th January 2015
- 6 great apps for remote workers - 10th December 2014
- meetingrooms.com Appoints Matt Makan As Corporate Sales Manager - 5th December 2014
- meetingrooms.com Appoints David Quinlan as Chief Technology Officer - 5th December 2014
- meetingrooms.com appoints Lisa Rose as North American Account Manager - 2nd December 2014